Name: Pampered Chef
- $99 Mini PC Kit
- $159 PC Kit
Type: MLM & Network Marketing
What Is It?
Pampered Chef is an MLM & network marketing opportunity that is all based on you creating a business opportunity by selling cutlery and cooking utilities. The main idea behind Pampered Chef is to have you using their cutlery to host cooking shows and dinner parties.
By creating Pampered Chef recipes in front of your guests, you can then begin to show the benefits in using their products and hopefully then sell those products, while potentially recruiting new individuals into the Pampered Chef MLM network.
A lot of success as a Pampered Chef representative and distributor is therefore, based on your ability to reach out to your social networks, hosting large get togethers, and getting others involved in the Pampered Chef industry.
How Much Is It To Join Pampered Chef?
Getting started with Pampered Chef is very reasonable in terms of prices. Rather than having to purchase items on auto ship every month, there are only two kits needed to help you get started with your business.
#1. PC Mini Kit ($99) – Includes 15 Pampered Chef items.
#2. PC Kit ($159) – Includes 26 Pampered Chef items.
In addition, Pampered Chef has what they call a Renewal Program that allows you to re-join the opportunity if for any reason, you decided to leave at some point. It requires that you re-join by purchasing a $35 paperwork kit and must be done within a 12-month time frame.
What’s Included In The Pampered Chef Kits?
PC Mini Kit: The PC Mini Kit is basically a smaller version of the PC Kit and comes pre-packaged with everything you need to start your Pampered Chef business.
Thus, unlike so many other MLM marketing opportunities out there, there isn’t a whole lot else you need to spend money on to get started. Here’s what’s included..
- Paperwork – Getting started checklist, getting started workbook (“succeed with us”), getting started training dvd, Pampered Partner Plus CD, 6 host packets (that include – cook show planning guide, Pampered Chef Catalog, Opportunity Brochure (“Discover us!”).
- 40 PC Postcard Invitations – Consultant Rewards Brochure (“Achieve With Us!”), Charter Host Gift Flyer, 8 show presentation cards, 1 recruiting booklet (“join us”), PC independent consultant agreements, Business Building Package.
- Sample Product Order Forms – 50 product catalogs, 50 sales receipts, 100 drawing slips, Seasons Best Recipe Collection list.
- Mini Kit Products (includes 15 products) – 1001 Bar Board, 1059 Color Coated Santoku Knife, 1105 Microplane® Adjustable Grater, 1302 Pizza Cutter, 1445 Large Bar Pan, 1659 Small Mix ‘N Scraper, 2230 Classic Batter Bowl, 2236 Mini Measure-All Cup, 2258 Adjustable Measuring Spoons (set of two), 2576 Garlic Press, Consultant Apron, Carry-All Tote
PC Kit (or New Consultant Kit) Includes:
- Paperwork Checklist – Comes with everything included in the PC Mini Kit + Cooking Shows in Action DVD Your Life and Your Way Opportunity DVD.
- Postcard Invitations (total of 40) – Everything includes in the PC Mini Kit + 4 more “join us” recruiting booklets and 2 more Show Presentation Cards.
- Sample Product Order Form – Everything included in the PC Mini Kit + 1 Consultant Booking Calendar Product Checklist
- PC Kit Products (includes 26 products) – 1012 Cutting Board, 1052 Forged Cutlery – 5″ Utility, 1087 Ultimate Mandoline, 1105 Microplane Adjustable Grater, 1302 Pizza Cutter, 1445 Large Bar Pan, 1587 Stackable Cooling Rack, 1590 Mini-Tart Shaper, 1606 Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan, 1659 Small Mix ’N Scraper, 1755 Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush, 1910 Simple Additions® Small Square Bowls (set of two), 1946 Small Bowl Caddy, 2183 Easy Read Measuring Cup (2-cup sample), 2225 Measure-All Cup, 2258 Adjustable Measuring Spoons (set of two), 2230 Classic Batter Bowl, 2234 1-cup Prep Bowl Set (sample of two), 2344 Chef’s Tools – Slotted Turner, 2475 Stainless Whisk, 2576 Garlic Press, 2585 Food Chopper, 2622 Mini-Serving Spatula, 2863 Executive 8″ Sauté Pan, Consultant Apron, New Consultant Tote(Reference: http://www.chefsuccess.com/threads/mini-kit-vs-full-kit.63312/)
Selling Pampered Chef Products
As you can tell, Pampered Chef is very traditional in the sense that in order to actually sell the products and recruit people into your downline, you’ll be using methods that require you to contact people directly.
There is no use of social media and no depending on online traffic. The opportunity (like many MLM’s) require that you call individuals, have get togethers, and host house parties.
Therefore, in order to sustain in this business, you need to have a fairly moderate social network. You also should have a network that has a special interest in cooking.
Pampered Chef’s approach is nevertheless, reasonable because you’re actually presenting your guests with a live cooking presentation. You’re showing them how to use those products in first-person while also cooking whatever favorite recipes you may have!
For this reason, I find Pampered Chef can be professional in its approach. In addition, any regular individual can host a Pampered Chef party and choose or find the nearest Pampered Chef consultant to cook for them. This can be a great alternative for you as you don’t need to rely on your own networks as much.
On the other hand, there’s no say to how often these host parties actually occur and the chances that they’ll happen near you. But the idea itself is great and it doesn’t hurt to ask a friend of yours to potentially host a party for you with their own guests. By doing so, they get the incentive of obtaining free, half-priced, and discounted products while potentially also hosting a great party for their guests.
Earning Money As a Pampered Chef Consultant
Here’s a quick brief on how you actually earn money as a Pampered Chef Consultant as well as the benefits of building your PC downline and growing your team.
The first way you earn money as a consultant is by selling the actual products itself. Whether it’s at a host party or one of your own, when individuals purchase any of the products from your Pampered Chef Kit, you basically earn a commission.
Every sale you make earns you 20% in commissions or more on your sales. Below we show you some general statistics how how much you can a earn with your own Hosted Pampered Chef party:
- 2 cooking shows per week = more than $850/month
- 3 cooking shows per week = more than $1,300/month
- 4 cooking shows per week = $1,800/month
Here is a more detailed overview of the Pampered Chef compensation plan. As we know, commissions start out at 20% but once you reach a certain volume in sales, that percentage can increase to 25% as followed:
- $1 – $749 in monthly commissionable sales = 20% in commissions
- $750 – $1,249 in monthly commissionable sales = 22% in commissions
- $1,250 – $2,499 in monthly commissionable sales = 23% in commissions
- $2,500 – $3,999 in monthly commissionable sales = 24% in commissions
- $4,000+ in monthly commissionable sales = 25% in commissions
Pampered Chef Reviewed – My Thoughts!
In the case of Pampered Chef, I found that their techniques to be a lot more respectable. They don’t utilize over-priced membership plans and it’s nice to not have to purchase products on autoship. Instead the business can be started with one of the two starter kits.
It’s also nice to see that these kits come with everything you need to start your own business. I also enjoyed the layout of the site and really liked how simple it was for any average consumer to choose to host a house party.
Despite some solid efforts made on behalf of Pampered Chef, I personally feel (and this is just my opinion) that it can be really hard to get the required numbers needed to host one house party after the next.
But what I like is the fact that they do tell you that even if you have a full-time job, you can still become a Pampered Chef consultant. This could be a nice way to try an earn an additional side income if and when an opportunity ever arises.
All in all, Pampered Chef is a seemingly solid opportunity out there for those who have a deep interest in cooking. Whether you’re looking to show-off your cooking skills or earn some extra by selling their products, Pampered Chef is one option.
Hey who would complain over a free chef coming over.. I know I wouldn’t! :)