Even though there are a number of ways to market your business, online marketing stands out the most. Email marketing is a major and highly essential element of online marketing and you can find many different email marketing platforms, having distinct features and pricing schemes.
#1. Aweber’s Autoresponder
Aweber is an email marketing platform with a user-friendly interface that you can easily navigate through in order to create, schedule and send emails. You can also integrate with social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to promote your message. You also get an autoresponder follow-up tool that is responsible for sending a series of emails to new subscribers. The most compelling feature that Aweber offers is their 99% delivery rate, so you can sit back and relax, being assured that every subscriber is receiving your emails.
Aweber’s pricing plan starts at $19 per month for 0-500 subscribers. The price depends on the number of subscribers, whereas the features remain the same. Aweber charges $29 per month for 501-2,500 subscribers, $49 per month for 2,501-5,000 subscribers, $69 per month for 5,001-10,000 subscribers and $149 per month for 10,001 to 25,000 subscribers.
- 99% delivery rate
- Integration with social Media
- Responsive support
- Availability of template customization
- Pre-prepared templates
- Super-fast load time
- There are no wizards to set up an email campaign step-by-step
- No file upload; i.e. if you want to insert images, they’re required to be hosted somewhere else like Flickr or your website
#2. MailChimp’s Autoresponder
Using MailChimp is quite interesting and fun owing to its colorful interface along with a good sense of humor that’s evident in the quotes at the top of each page. When it comes to functionality, MAilchimp offers a huge variety of free templates and integrates easily with other services like Facebook, Twitter, ejunkie, EvenBrite and others. Mailchimp also offers the ‘autoresponder’ feature to send automated emails; for instance, a welcome email message to new subscribers. Cutting it short, you can easily compose professional and appealing emails along with scheduling and sending campaigns as you please.
MailChimp offers two types of pricing plans depending on the size of your business:
Without using your credit card, you can send up to 12,000 emails each month free of cost, if you have just under or up to 2,000 subscribers.
More than 2,000 subscribers
MailChimp charges $20 per month for 1,001-1,500 subscribers (unlimited emails), $25 per month for 1,501-2,000 subscribers, $30 per month for 2,001-2,500 subscribers, $35 per month for 2,501-2,600 subscribers and $50 for up to 5000 subscribers.
- No service charges for 2,000 subscribers
- Setup wizard
- Pre-prepared templates
- Integration with social media
- Collects subscriber location based on IP address which helps in email segmentation
- Graphic intensive web pages take longer to load than an average web page.
- Mailchimp’s logo at the bottom of every email you send on free accounts; this can confuse subscribers so as to whether they should go where you want them to or to Mailchimps website.
- There’s no way to upload your own template; you can only use the pre-made templates and customize them.
#3. GetResponse’s Autoresponder
GetResponse’s autoresponder service is highly renowned for email marketing and you are likely to experience excellent customer service along with a helpful support forum and competitive prices. GetResponse also offers an iPhone application where you can track statistics live on your phone and autoresponder. This helps you schedule an email scheme that reaches your subscribers without you having to do anything. Language support is another great feature through which you can keep your international customers updated with your services.
GetResponse offers affordable price plans and it’s cheaper than other email marketing service. If you’re purchasing a yearly subscription instead of a monthly one, GetResponse gives you 18% off. Moreover, to test the service, you get a 30-day free trial without having to provide your credit card number.
- Price – GetResponse is the most affordable email marketing service you can buy. For instance, you pay$45 a month for 5,000 subscribers, whereas Aweber charges $49 and Mailchimp $50 for the same number of subscribers. Above all, you get a 30-day free trial without providing your credit card details.
- You can easily see when and what emails are being sent throughout the month, owing to the software’s ability to set up autoresponders in a calendar view.
- You can run A/B testing on subject lines, which enables you to assess open rates, click rates and improvement.
- Effective and clear grade reporting.
- You can’t segment email campaigns according to the subscriber’s location.
- The automation feature is restricted in terms of functionality.
- Clunky email builder; i.e. clunkiness in the drag and drop function of the email builder.
#4. iContact’s Autoresponder
The minimal interface is very welcoming and you can easily use it even without any understanding of web marketing. The dashboard represents detailed social media reports since iContact also allows you to promote your message on social media through different social media platforms. You can make the most of many other features like the message builder, auto responder, image library and coder tool. The coder tool is specifically designed for users who have an advanced knowledge of web marketing to help them create their own HTML template.
The pricing plans at iContact kick off at $14 per month for 500 subscribers, and if you’re purchasing an annual subscription, the cost goes down to $11.90 per month for the annual subscription. The service also offers a 30-day free trial to new users.
- A user-friendly dashboard interface
- Ability to integrate with social media
- Ability to build an email contact list from social media
- Email segmentation based on demographics
- Great customer support and no limitation on the number of emails you send
- Limitations in autoresponder functionality
- Small 5MB image storage
- No analytics for subscribers and emails
#5. 1ShoppingCart’s Autoresponder
This service offers incredible features at almost all levels of the subscription. Some of the features include an email autoresponder which is ideal for building online store marketing strategies, ad tracking, affiliate programs that offer the opportunity to make money off customers purchasing through business partners, and provides you with the ease of handling products, services and digital downloads.
1ShoppingCart include three different pricing plans. The plus plan costs $59 per month and allows access over free templates, 500 products and 3GB storage. The premium and ultimate price plans cost $119 and $249 per month respectively, and offer access over unlimited products with different storage capacity and transaction fees.
- Seamless connectivity between the products and merchant’s account
- Commissions through affiliate program
- Recurring payments
- No email templates
- Additional charges for customer service calls
- Ineffective support forum
Which autoresponder do you love most and why? Please leave your thoughts and comments below!